If you are looking for an easy and fun-looking cake to bring to your high tea with friends, search no more! This Marble Loaf Cake is the best option to enjoy during the weekend with the family. Or maybe to show-off at the office? No matter the reason, this is an absolute crowd-pleaser, elegant and a total classic.
I remember doing this recipe one soooo many times when I was a kid, I know you, or even your kids will love doing it. The best bit for me is trying to achieve the perfect marble effect. This time, as you can see in the images, I got a very yin-and-yang-inspired loaf, which I adore! I am sure you’ll love it too!
Don’t forget to leave a comment down below if you try this recipe (and why not, an Uber-style rating? ★★★★★). It not only helps me but also other people that want to try it. You can also tag me on Instagram or Pinterest so I get to check your photos or send them to me privately if you are shy.
Other cake recipes:
Marble Loaf Cake
- 150 g unsalted butter room temperature
- 300 g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- ¼ cup vanilla yogurt
- 450 g self-rising flour
- 3 tbsp raw cacao
- ½ cup milk
- 250 g dark chocolate
- 250 ml heavy cream
- Preheat your oven to 180 ºC and lightly grease a loaf tin.
- In a large bowl, mix the butter and the sugar.
- Add the eggs and vanilla esence and mix well. Add the yogur and mix for a few more minutes.
- Fold the flour until it’s all well combined.
- Using a spoon (or ice cream scoop), put half of the batter in the tin, leaving some space in between for the chocolate mix.
- Incorporate the raw cacao and milk to the remaining batter.
- Add chocolate batter on and between vanilla mix in the loaf tin. Swirl the batter with a toothpick in order to get the marble effect.
- Bake for 30 minutos.
- Let it cool completely before spreading the ganache.
- Heat the cream in a saucepan at medium heat until it simmers.
- Once it simmers, pour on the chocolate without stirring. Let it rest for a few minutes.
- Whisk until you get an even consistency.
- Let it rest to room temperature.
- Spread the loaf cake with the ganache and enjoy!
- STORAGE: It lasts for around 3 days in the fridge. I recommend keeping it cool mainly because of the ganache, although it could last a day at room temperature.