My name is Paula, and I’m the brains (and hands) behind the blog, En Casa.
En Casa is a brand new place that I’ve started as a creative outlet. It’s a space dedicated to all baked goods for those that love easy-to-make sweets and always ready to impress. Most of my recipes are my family’s treasures, highly influenced by my culture (Argentina), as well as Australia and the United States, other places I’ve called home.
When I’m not busy blogging (or thinking about recipes and photography), I love travelling, dancing like nobody’s watching, doing yoga or connecting with nature.
Thank you so much for stopping by En Casa. I hope you’ll continue to come back and hang out.
Want to know more? Keep reading…
En Casa means “at home” in Spanish.
I’ve always felt that, when making all these family recipes, I was a bit closer to my home in Argentina. I basically wanted to create a space where I could combine my passion for baking with my newly-discovered interest in photography that actually makes them justice.
I’ve also chosen to create a Spanish-English recipe blog. Why? Well, I’m not only a Spanish translator by trade, but I’ve also been translating recipes back and forth all my life. Either I found a recipe in English that my mom loves, so I had to translate and convert all measurements, or I would have to translate my recipes into English for friends or colleagues. So that’s the short answer.
Last but not least, I want to pay tribute to my grandma, a wonderful woman, who was an even better baker. I still remember walking into her kitchen and wondering what was baking that day. So this is my way of keeping those memories alive. And to my mom, from whom I’ve inherited a big amount of recipes and knowledge. Thanks, mom!
Lots of them are quite decadent, so you’ve been warned. But every now and then, I’ll share some health-ish ones I’ve learned along the way.
You’ll also find many tips and suggestions for substitutes if the recipe allows, as well as a bit of history on specific tarts or desserts, which you can skip ahead if it’s not your cup of tea.
Things I value
- Family. They are my everything, my support, my therapists, my travel buddies, my cooking teachers.
- Friends. Their advice, time and our long-term friendship have helped me get where I am today.
- Simplicity. Why complicate things? Simple is so much better!
- Positivity. Always looking at the bright side of things.
- Good food. Simple and quality ingredients win my heart every time.
- Nature. Connecting with nature brings me peace.
10 curiosities about me
1. I’m into all spirituality-related things.
2. You say road trip, I’M IN! The feeling of getting away from the routine and heading to unknown places gives me such joy.
3. I have a younger sister whom I adore and I wouldn’t be who I am without her.
4. Loud eaters make me a bit anxious.
5. I lived in the US (go Buckeye State!, aka Ohio) for a year.
6. I did a Masters in Teaching, where I learned so much about patience, listening, social justice and inclusion.
7. I’m an old soul.
8. I once danced cumbia (with a group) in front of 3000 people. Yeap!
9. I am from Olavarria (Argentina), but I lived in Buenos Aires for 10 years before moving to Melbourne.
10. I have two tattoos and would like one more.
If you are still reading, THANK YOU! From the bottom of my heart. To get updates on the latest news and recipes, subscribe to my newsletter, or follow me on Instagram or Pinterest. You can also contact me through this blog.