This is the traditional banana bread recipe, but enhanced with sweet white chocolate chips and crunchy walnuts. Moist, easy and quick to put together. What’s there not to like about it?
- 115 g unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 215 g granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 ripe bananas (lightly smashed)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 230 g self-rising flour
- 2 tbsp whole milk
- 150 g white chocolate chips
- 150 g walnuts (chopped)
- Preheat your oven to 180℃. Spray a loaf pan with some non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk the butter and the sugar. Add the eggs and keep whisking. Add the smashed bananas and the vanilla essence until it’s all well combined.
- In a small bowl, mix the white chocolate chips and the walnuts with 2 tablespoons of the flour.
- Using a spatula, fold in the flour and salt to the batter, making sure not to overmix. Pour in the milk. Lastly, add the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Spread the batter in the loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes, or until when you insert a toothpick in the middle, it comes out clean.
- Let it cool completely before cutting.
- ASSEMBLY: It is very important to mix the chocolate chips and walnuts with some flour. This will let them be distributed all over the cake and not sink to the bottom.
- STORAGE: Store in an air-tight container up to 4 days at room temperature, or for a week in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 126 g
- Calories: 394 Kcal
- Sugar: 30.36 g
- Fat: 19.45 g
- Carbohydrates: 50.54 g
- Fiber: 2.4 g
- Protein: 6.85 g