These Ultimate Walnuts and Choc Chunks Cookies are chewy in the center, crunchy on the edges and super easy to make. Once you have them, you won’t go back to the bakery or store-bought ones.
- 125 g unsalted butter, cold and cut into small squares
- 100 g granulated sugar
- 65 g brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 145 g plain flour
- 65 g corn starch
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 150 g chocolate chunks
- 60 g walnuts, roughly chopped
- In a large bowl, using a spatula, combine the cold butter and both types of sugar.
- Then, add the egg and mix until well combined.
- Fold in the dry ingredients, as well as the chocolate chunks and walnuts. Make sure not to over mix the dough.
- Using an ice cream scoop or a regular spoon, scoop some cookie dough and place them on a baking sheet or plate.
- Pop into the fridge for minimum an hour until they are rock solid.
- Preheat your oven to 180 ℃ and line a baking sheet with some parchment paper and non-stick spray, or a silicon mat.
- The moment you remove the cookies from the fridge, place them on the baking sheet, leaving some room between them.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until they are light golden brown, with crisp edges and soft center.
- Let them cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet before moving them to a cooling rack.
- They are best enjoyed warm with a nice cold glass of milk.
- Alternatives: You can replace the chocolate chunks with chocolate chips, either dark or milk. Walnuts are optional, or you can substitute them with your favorite nuts.
- Cooling time: This is an essential step. You can prepare the cookie dough ahead of time and bake when needed.
- Storage: Store in an air-tight container at room temperature for a week, or freeze them for up to 3 months.
- Serving Size: 66 g
- Calories: 285 Kcal
- Sugar: 18.29 g
- Fat: 14.97 g
- Carbohydrates: 34.48 g
- Protein: 4.38 g
Keywords: walnuts, chocolate chunks