Nothing beats a traditional Strawberry and Cream Tart at the moment of dessert. Simple as buttery shortbread crust, smooth creamy filling and fresh strawberry topping.
- 100 g unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 100 g granulated sugar
- 1 yolk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 200 g self-rising flour
- 300 ml heavy cream
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- Fresh strawberries (sliced)
- In a large bowl, whisk the butter and the sugar.
- Add the yolk, the egg and the vanilla essence, and whisk until well combined in a fluffy and whiter batter.
With a spatula, fold in the flour with patience, until it’s well combined.
- Once it’s well combined, cover the bowl and pop it into the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 180 ºC and spray a 26-cm tart dish with some non-stick spray.
- On a floured countertop, roll the shortcrust 1 cm thick.
- Lay the shortcrust in the tart dish. Cover with parchment paper and add some pie weights.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the crust is light golden brown. Let it cool completely before assembling.
- With a hand-held mixer, whip the cream with the sugar until you get stiff peaks. Pour over the shortcrust.
- Decorate with the sliced strawberries as you prefer.
- Let it set in the fridge for around an hour before serving.
- STORAGE: You can easily store the tart in an air-tight container in the fridge for two days.
- Serving Size: 82 g
- Calories: 289 Kcal
- Sugar: 13.26 g
- Fat: 17.61 g
- Carbohydrates: 28.43 g
- Fiber: 0.6 g
- Protein: 4.06 g