These Raw Raspberry and White Chocolate Bars are healthy, fresh and super easy to make. The sweet base is made of dates and walnuts, whereas the combo of cashew nuts, white chocolate and raspberry coulis makes it the perfect dessert or snack.
- 80 g Medjool dates
- 60 g walnuts
- 150 g almond meal
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 350 g cashews, soaked overnight
- 150 g white chocolate, melted
- 130 g brown rice syrup, or honey
- 100 g raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 20 g brown rice syrup, or honey
- Add the almond meal, coconut sugar, walnuts and dates in a food processor. Pulse for several minutes until you get a smooth and wet consistency.
- Place some parchment paper in the bottom of a square cake tin (25 x 23 cm, so almost square). Press down with your hands or the flat base of a glass or ramekin until you get a smooth surface.
- Pop into the freezer.
- Add all the ingredients in a food processor and blend for 3-5 minutes until you get a super smooth and creamy consistency.
- Add the raspberries (either fresh or frozen) to a small pan with the brown rice syrup or honey. Place it on low heat and stir using a spoon, until all the fruits have broken apart, approximately after 5 minutes.
- Once all the raspberries are pureed, sift it and press down the raspberries with a spoon in order to catch all the seeds and not waste any pulp.
- Take the base out of the freezer, which should already be quite firm.
- Pour the cashew and white choc mix on top and level it using a spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Then, pour the raspberry coulis as you prefer. It can be one thin layer or in the shape of swirls.
- Pop into the freezer for at least 2 hours. Or ideally overnight, to make sure they are 100% solid.
- Once they are solid, using a very sharp knife, and making sure to clean it after each cut, cut this dessert into square bars, and enjoy!
- ALTERNATIVES: Instead of raspberries, use your prefered berries.
- STORAGE: Store in an air-tight container for upto three months.
- COOKING TIME: This refers to the cooling time.
- Serving Size: 66 g
- Calories: 301 kcal
- Sugar: 18.59 g
- Fat: 19.78 g
- Carbohydrates: 26.87 g
- Fiber: 2.9 g