The recipe for these Puff Pastry Quince Paste Empanadas is super easy and quick to make. It requires only four ingredients, and you can have it ready in less than 30 minutes. They are the perfect solution if you get a surprise visit and you don’t have any sweets to share.
- Two sheets of puff pastry
- 200 g quince paste
- Egg wash (1 egg + 2 tbsp water)
- 50 g white sugar (optional)
- Cut the quince paste into little cubes and place them into a mid-size bowl with 2 tbsp of water. Heat it up in the microwave for 30 seconds and then, using a fork, mash the quince paste until you get a smooth consistency.
- Preheat your oven to 180C (350F).
- Place one puff pastry sheet on a clean surface and cut into same-size pieces.
- Using a spoon, place some quince paste in the center of each piece.
- Brush the edges with some water and place the other piece of puff pastry on top. Firmly press down to seal each empanada.
- Brush the empanadas with some egg wash and kae two tiny cuts using a very sharp knife.
- Place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until they are light golden brown.
- Let them cool completely before eating.
- Puff pastry: If it’s frozen, take it out of the freezer 30 minutes before prepping this recipe.
- Storage: Store in an air-tight container for 2 days at room temperature. It’s possible the puff patry will lose its crunchiness after a few days.
- Serving Size: 69 g
- Calories: 232 Kcal
- Sugar: 5.75 g
- Fat: 13.79 g
- Carbohydrates: 24.09 g
- Protein: 3.52 g