These Lemon Crinkle Cookies are easy to make, super chewy and they smell wonderful. Perfect to eat more than one and to share with your loved ones, or not.
- ½ cup unsalted butter ( at room temperature)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 whole egg
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- 1–¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 180 ℃. Lay parchment paper or a silicon sheet on a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla essence, egg, lemon zest and juice. Scrape sides and mix again.
- Stir in all dry ingredients slowly until just combined, excluding the powdered sugar.
- In a large plate, add the powder sugar. Roll a tablespoon of dough into a ball and roll in powdered sugar. Place on baking sheet and repeat.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until bottoms begin to barely brown and the surface starts to crack. Remove from oven and cool cookies about 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
BAKING: Before baking, pop them in the fridge for 10-15 minutes so they keep the form and do not get too flat when baking. But if you prefer them thinner, just put them in the oven the minute you finish rolling them. Also, when using a darker baking sheet, the cookies will bake faster, so remove them from the oven 2-3 minutes earlier.
STORAGE: Keep in an air-tight container for 3-4 days at room temperature. You can also freeze them and thaw them before eating.
- Serving Size: 24 g
- Calories: 84 Kcal
- Sugar: 10.44 g
- Fat: 2.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.1 g
- Fiber: 0.1 g
- Protein: 0.86 g