These lemon, coconut and oats bars are the perfect treat for any sweet tooths out there. Easy to make, no oven required or fancy equipment. Tangy, soft, delicate. Yes, please!
- 180 g Marie biscuits, finely crushed
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 1 can condensed milk
- 120 g rolled oats
- 80 g shredded coconut
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 4 tbs icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Line a 25×23 cm (9×10 in) baking pan with some parchment paper, making sure to leave some handles on the sides.
- In a small bowl, add condensed milk and butter cut into squares. Microwave for 2 minutes, mixing it halfway in to make sure the butter has melted.
- In a large bowl, add the crushed biscuits, rolled oats and coconut.
- Pour into the dry ingredients the condensed milk and butter mix, the lemon juice and zest, and the vanilla essence.
- Using a spatula, mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Pour the mix into the lined baking pan and press well until you get a compact and levelled base.
- Pop into the fridge for at least 1 hour, or into the freezer for 15 minutes, until the mix has completely set.
- While they set, place the icing sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl and using a spoon or fork, mix well.
- Once the bars have set, slice and drizzle the glaze. You can add some extra lemon zest for decoration.
- COOLING TIME: In this recipe, baking time refers to cooling time. It’s essential that you let the bars set in the fridge or freezer. Otherwise, you’ll find it difficult to slice them.
- BAKING PAN: You can easily use any pan you have at hand. Just be aware that the bigger the pan, the flatter the bars will be. If you want to preserve the height, double the recipe.
- STORAGE: Store in an air-tight container for 3-4 days in the fridge or freeze them for up to 3 months.
- Serving Size: 79 g
- Calories: 242 Kcal
- Sugar: 22.11 g
- Fat: 9.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 37.09 g
- Protein: 5.68 g
Keywords: lemon, coconut, oats