These vanilla cupcakes covered in whipped cream and coconut are the mini version of the classic Latin American dessert. Their flavours is unprecedented, and the three milks (Tres Leches) make them super moist. And what’s even better, we get shredded coconut as the final touch.
- 150 g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 180 g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 180 g self-rising flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 180 ml whole milk
- 150 ml condensed milk
- 75 ml whole milk
- 75 ml evaporated milk
- 150 ml cooking cream
- Shredded coconut
- Preheat your oven to 180 ºC and place muffin liners in a muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, mix the butter and sugar very well, until you get a fluffy consistency.
- Add the eggs and vanilla essence. Keep whisking for a few minutes.
- Using a spatula, fold in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Lastly, slowly add the milk until it’s well combined in the batter, making sure not to overmix.
- Using an ice cream scoop, or a regular spoon, add the batter to each muffin liner, up to 3/4.
- Pop in the oven for around 15 minutes, or until the top of the cupcakes are light golden brown. Remove from the oven and let them cool completely.
- In a mid-size bowl, add the three milks and whisk very well. Make sure the condensed milk, which tends to be thicker, is not all in the bottom of the bowl. Set aside in the fridge.
- In a mid-size bowl, add the cooking cream, and using an electric mixer, whisk well until you can draw shapes with the cream and they hold its form.
- Once the cupcakes are at room temperature, gently stick them with a fork or toothpick.
- Very slowly, start pouring the three milk mixture, letting the cupcakes soak the liquid. It’s possible they overflow a bit.
- Just take them to the fridge for 1 hour, until the cupcakes have absorbed all the milk.
- Cover with the whipped cream and them sprinkle some shredded coconut on top.
- BAKING: Depending on the muffin liner’s size, cooking time may vary.
- STORAGE: Store it in an air-tight container for a max of 2 days in the fridge.
- ALTERNATIVES: If you don’t have coconut milk, you can easily replace it with evaporated milk or regular milk. The coconut flavor won’t be as intense, but the cupcakes will still be amazing.
- Serving Size: 145 g
- Calories: 397 Kcal
- Sugar: 20.81 g
- Fat: 26.08 g
- Carbohydrates: 35.82 g
- Fiber: 3.4 g
- Protein: 6.62 g