This recipe for Blueberry Muffins with natural Greek yogurt is unbeatable: fluffy, tender, sweet juicy blueberries and a dash of lemony spark.
- 150 g unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 170 g granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 60 g natural yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ tsp fresh grated lemon zest
- 175 g self-rising flour
- 100 g blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat your oven to 180 ℃. Line a muffin tin with paper liners and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs, vanilla essence, yogurt and lemon zest. Whisk until the mixture is fluffy and thick.
- In a small bowl, toss together the blueberries with about 2 tbsp of the self-rising flour. Set aside.
- Add the remaining flour to the butter mixture and just mix until the flour is mixed. Make sure you don’t over mix it.
- With a spatula, fold in the blueberries with patience, making sure not to burst them.
- Add the mix to the muffin liners. You can use an ice cream scoop to make sure you add the same amount of butter.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until when a toothpick inserted in the center, it comes out clean.
BAKING: Time in the oven depends on the size of the muffins liners. If you use smaller ones, just take them out of the oven a few minutes earlier.
SUBSTITUTES: You can easily substitute natural Greek yogurt with cream or sour cream. They come out a bit greasier, but still super yummy.
STORAGE: Store in an air-tight container for 3-4 days at room temperature.
- Serving Size: 62 g
- Calories: 188 Kcal
- Sugar: 14.96 g
- Fat: 7.77 g
- Carbohydrates: 26.46 g
- Fiber: 0.6 g
- Protein: 3.35 g