These Dulce de Leche and Cashews Brownies are both chocolate and dulce de leche fans’ dream. They are moist, cakey, crunchy (thanks to the cashews), and very easy and quick to make.
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 200 g unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 200 g granulated sugar
- 150 g self-rising flour
- Pinch of salt
- 160 g cashews, roasted and roughly chopped
- 150 g dulce de leche
- Preheat your oven to 180 ℃. Grease a square pan (20 x 20 cm) with some non-stick spray and lay some parchment paper at the bottom.
- In a mid-sized bowl, add the chocolate and butter. Put on top of a sauce pan with some water (make sure it doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl). At medium heat, mix until both ingredients have melted.
- On a separate bowl, combine the eggs and the sugar.
- With a spatula, add the chocolate and butter until everything is well combined.
- Fold in the flour and salt.
- Add half of the toasted cashews.
- Add the batter in the cake pan.
- Using a spoon, spread the dulce de leche and lightly mix it with the batter. Sprinkle the remaining cashews on top of the dulce de leche.
- Pop it in the oven for 25 minutes, until the edges start to separate from the pan.
- Let it cool completely before cutting.
- STORAGE: Store in an air-tight container up to 4 days at room temperature or in the fridge, or you can also freeze them for several months.
- Serving Size: 99 g
- Calories: 420 Kcal
- Sugar: 27.71 g
- Fat: 24.22 g
- Carbohydrates: 44.61 g
- Fiber: 2.6 g
- Protein: 7.75 g